Monday, March 2, 2009

I paper mache with your paintings Elizabeth Peyton

February is gone. The partition was built a month ago, which really feels like hardly a week and details of the construction are already a bit fuzzy. Monica got into town on the 10th and starting the 11th we began living behind the thick wall, under stitched lace and then finally inside what seemed to become a teenagers club/cave. I'm beat.
'Our Starry Universe' was the place where we found no rest. The sun never woke us and the night ceased to exist. A few of my fingers have been sliced and diced from so much wood and metal. My knees are cut and bruised and I've got some new fancy lines on my arms. I'll never see tetris the same way or finger knitting at a book fair for that matter. New friends were had and old friends made it into town.
I need a licorice break.
It was nice seeing so many beautiful faces at the opening this past weekend. If you find the time, head down to 35th and Nicollet at check out the outcome of our collaborative installation with Miss Monica Canilao at Art of This. Maybe the cold will clear up enough to get us all back on our bikes by the time we take the whole thing apart.
done it
whoop